Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy Monday

Matthew 11:28-29 (New Living Translation) 28 Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. "


In light of this weekends past events, I pray this verse will bring comfort to the many who lost so much because of hurricane Ike. A very dear friend of mine lost a special pet yesterday because of the winds we got from the reminants of hurricane Ike. (This is the verse she sent out on her morning bible verse list.) Jill and Bill lost Pumpkin - a miniature horse who brought them and others so much joy! Jill - we're keeping you in our prayers and thoughts!!! Bill and Jill's website if linked on mine under my favorite places to visit - they are the Goodnews Farm.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
On a much lighter note:
I had a wonderful Friday night with Jill, Jane and Vickie making gifts for the women. It was a wonderful girl's night out!! We had the best time AND got something accomplished!!!!! That in itself is cool!! : )
And yesterday after having the stomach virus on Saturday, my son and I worked on cards during our power outage - I'll post the completed projects later today - they still have a bit of touching up yet!!!
But first I have to go pick up tons of limbs, tops of trees and parts of archery targets, trashcans and a few odd end things from our yard. The wind was the worst I've seen. We are blessed that we didn't have any damage at our house. Unfortunately, that's not the same for so many of our friends, family and neighbors here in Brandenburg, and Corydon, IN.

I'll keep you posted and hopefully get those pictures on here tonight!!!! School is cancelled so I don't have to work (due to the many trees that are down and power outages). So I SHOULD get something done!!!!

Have a beautiful, blessed Monday!!!

No comments: