Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Happy Mother's Day a wee bit late!


I had a beautiful mother's day!! We had the best time ever. My husband and our two kiddos went to Barren Lake and scouted out three campgrounds. We played, we ate and we had the best time ever. The lake was soo peaceful and one of the greatest parts was watching the squirrels and the chipmunks. They were EVERYWHERE and they really weren't too afraid of us. They were fun! I love spending time with my family and it was great to be outdoors - especially by a lake! You know that saying that goes something like, "you remind me of your mom" or something along those lines... I know there's a few others out there.... well, I hope I do remind people of my mom. I am more like her every day and wouldn't change it. I

The only thing that would have made this Mother's day better would be if we could have spent the day with our mom's. My mom lives WAY far away - somewhere near 2,400 miles away and because of the distance, we weren't together. But I thought of her all day, as I do every single day and I am so honored to be her daughter. Mama, if you read this - I LOVE YOU and I miss you!!!! There's distance, but I am so blessed that I am able to pick up the phone and hear her voice whenever we want to. My husband's mom, my mother-in-law passed away almost 4 years ago. Her birthday was Saturday and we used to celebrate her birthday and mother's day together with my son's birthday which was Friday. We always had a cookout with the whole family and there's not a day that goes by we don't miss her. She was the best mother-in-law a person could ask for and we were so very blessed to have had her all the time we did. WHEW, before I can't stop the tears, here's my card I made for my mom. She loves house mouse and so I made her a house mouse mother's day card. It's not a typical "mother's day" card, but it was made just for her. I hope you guys like it!!

No comments: