Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's Wednesday already!!

I hope everyone enjoyed their father's day this past Sunday. We had a great day. Our church service that morning was unbelievable and the message and music were soul piercing. We enjoyed the day with my father-in-law and my husband's sister's and families. What was missing for me was not getting to spend time with my dad. He lives about 2400 miles away from me and I miss not being able to celebrate his special days with him (and my mom!) I am very thankful, however, that I was able to pick up the phone and call and tell him that I love him. It is a blessing that I still can hear his voice when I want to!!

The cards below are ones I and my kids made for my hubby for Father's day. My kids don't share the same passion as I do for cardmaking, but they made one for him anyway! Sadly for me, they'd almost rather do ANYTHING than make cards or do paper crafts. But, it just goes to show how special of a dad he is that they took time to make him a card! My husband is a big fisherman so I made him a fish card. He has fishing on the brain most all of the time, so I thought this was right up is alley! The kids did the same theme. Boy, do they know their dad!!






Cardstock: Bazill and Stampin Up Patterned paper: scraps from scrap stash, Cosmo Crickett, Daisy D's and Basic Grey

Stamp: Inkadinkadoo Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black Accessories : Big Brads and braided rope from stampin up

Colored with Prisma Pencils, Gamsol and Twinkling H2O's Inside is computer generated onto vellum paper

Cardstock is Kraft by stampin up. stickers are jollees from mom's stash!

1 comment:

Becky said...

what beautiful cards, the coloring on the fish is awesome and the second one is so creative.